Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Let us Run the Race With Endurance

The first sermon of my father, Rev. Gilbert Jansen, that I digitised was very well received, so I've moved quickly to complete the second.  I can't promise to keep that rate up!

This church service was held on Sunday 30 August 1987.  As with the last one, the selection was fairly random.  The scripture readings were:
I've titled this post "Let us Run the Race With Endurance", because blog posts really need titles.  But as far as a know, Dad never gave even one of his sermons a title.  I think he felt that was a bit modern. If anyone can remember his reasons, let me know!

You may notice that Dad refers to the author of the Epistle to the Hebrews as the Apostle Paul, without explanation.  I know that he had little doubt that this was the case, despite my best efforts to argue with him about it.  He probably explained his views on its authorship at the start of this series.

The files are in mp3 format, shared as links from my Dropbox account.  The links below take you to a Dropbox page, where you get the option to play or download the file.

The second recording is of the entire service: everything that was on the tape, including hymns, prayers and bible readings.

Links:

No comments: